Powering Through Detroit: Five Must-See Suggestions
Whether you’re traveling to the Motor City for business or pleasure, we know you won’t want to lose a moment! This makes it all the more a cause for celebration that our newest Red Lion Inn & Suites hotel in Detroit is a mere shuttle ride away from Detroit Metro Airport, allowing you to get where you need ( and want) to be in record time.
If you’re visiting Detroit for leisure, get your clubs together for golf at Gateway or Taylor, both situated close to the hotel near Detroit Airport. Several tempting food options on the way, including Merriman Street Grill and Capitol Bistro & Bar, will set you up for the day or be a welcome choice for a winning meal.
If your schedule allows, be sure to journey out to the towering heights of the GM Renaissance Center, the headquarters of General Motors and home to a variety of specialty shops and some of the city’s hottest restaurants. While you’re downtown, check out some of the other can’t-miss things to do in Detroit:
- Head to Corktown, Greektown and Mexicantown to experience the sight, sounds and flavors of three unique neighborhoods.
- Detroit’s art scene is currently undergoing a renaissance. Visit MOCA Detroit to discover both local and internationally-renowned artists.
- Shinola Detroit turns out some of the finest watches, leather goods and bikes in the US. Visit their shop to see how it’s all made.
- Comerica Park, “The Joe,” and Ford Field are a tantalizing trio for the avid sports fan on the go.
- If you’re a museum type, Hitsville U.S.A., the Detroit Institute of Arts, and the Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History are all within downtown range, and certainly enriching.
There’s something for everyone so visit us today and discover what your upcoming trip to Detroit will hold.