Fall Into a Season of Local Wonders in Pendleton, Oregon
Escape to Red Lion Hotel Pendleton and embark on a journey of unique local. Marked by sunny skies and a cooler climate, you’ll enjoy a great number of seasonal activities during your visit – including the Pendleton Farmers Market. As a volunteer-run local favorite, the farmers market offers a quintessentially Pendleton gathering place where visitors and locals alike can enjoy affordable, fresh-picked produce from the Blue Mountains and Columbia Plateau and handmade goods from local artisans..
Whether you’re in the market for the fresh, the delicious or the original, for nearly six full months out of the year the Pendleton Farmers Market brings you hand-crafted jewelry, kitchen and home décor, clothing, ceramics and much more. The Pendleton Farmers Market takes place every Friday from May through mid-October on Fridays from 4:00pm to 7:00pm.
After the day’s adventures are over, take your fresh produce and put your cooking skills to the test and make a hearty fall inspired treat that the whole family will love.
Baked Acorn Squash
- 2 acorn squash, halved and seeded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup butter, diced
- 6 tablespoons of firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place squash in a shallow baking pan, cut side down
- Bake in a preheated oven for thirty minutes, until tender
- Turn the cut side up and season with butter, salt, pepper brown sugar and cinnamon
- Bake for 20 more minutes
For more information, head to All Recipes for inspiration.