Sip on This: Refreshing Summer Drinks
Summer is here! Cool off with summertime refreshments like Homemade Lemonade, Sun Tea and customizable fruit-infused water.
Fresh Squeezed – Homemade Lemonade
Nothing says summer like fresh, cold lemonade on a hot afternoon! But powder drinks can do more than leave a sour taste, so why not make your own? Think it’s too hard and time consuming? Think again.
All you need is:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 5 lemons
- 5 more cups water
First, you need to make a simple syrup. And, just like the name says, this is very, very simple.
- Bring one cup of water and one cup of sugar to a boil.
- Continue to boil and stir until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
Next, squeeze your fresh lemons. You can use a juicer or you can cut them in half, think about that guy who cut you off in traffic yesterday, and squeeze the heck out them! See? Simple and therapeutic. Be sure to remove any seeds, but leave the pulp.
Finally, add the lemon juice to your remaining five cups of water. Add the simple syrup gradually and taste until your desired sweetness.
Fill your favorite glass with ice and pour. Or drink it right from the pitcher, we won’t judge.
Sweeten the Deal!
You can add all kinds of ingredients to make your regular lemonade extra special:
- Diced strawberries
- Fresh mint
- Fresh squeezed limes
Before the lemonade is all gone, pour it into an ice cube tray and freeze. Add these frozen lemonade cubes to your ice water, iced tea or favorite beverages for a sweet little kick!
Radiantly Brewed – Sun Tea
What you’ll need:
- 6 Tea Bags of your favorite tea (Tip: Black tea works best)
- 1 gallon of water
- A Sunny Day
- 2-3 tablespoons of sugar or agave
This recipe is as easy as 1, 2, 3!
1) Fill your beverage dispenser with 1 gallon of water. Unwrap each teabag and pinch together at the ends. Place the teabags in the water and secure the tea bags by screwing the top on the jar.
2) Set and forget! Place in a sunny spot outside for 3-4 hours. Ah… what to do with the time?! You’ll know it’s complete when the tea is steeped and dark in color.
3) Once you bring the tea in, remove the teabags and immediately add the sugar so it dissolves in the warm tea. Place in the refrigerator and let cool off before serving. Enjoy!
Want to spice it up a little? Add in fresh mint, lemon or muddled raspberries.
Well Blended – Fruit Infused Water
There are many ways to give your water a little life. Grab a glass, pitcher or water bottle and fill with your favorite fruit and water.
Tip: Try muddling to enhance all of the flavors or use an infuser pitcher to keep all those little fruit particles in the pitcher and out of your glass.
Try these delicious flavor combos:
- Summer Citrus: Orange + Blueberries
- Sweetie Pie: Strawberry + Raspberries
- Calm: Lemon + Honey
- Refresher: Cucumber + Mint
- The Siesta: Watermelon + Cilantro
- The Black Bear: Blackberry + Sage